Pages

Saturday 4 January 2020

The never ending skein.

On December 14th I purchased 3 skeins (300g) of Sirdar supersoft aran rainbow drops in the 0861 Pick and mix colourway. I picked this yarn to knit a jumper for my nephew knowing I would have a spare skein. I made the a Flax jumper by Tin Can Knits in the 2 - 4 years size which used 1.68 skeins (168g).

 After checking yardage I decided to make a Flax jumper in the 0 - 6 month size for the gift box, which used 0.79 skeins (79g).

I thought Knitting a Anthology hat in the newborn size would finish off the skein but no it only used 0.18 skeins (18g). I still had 0.35skeins left (35g), I don't know what part of a 0.18 skein hat made me think knitting Baby Mitts by Susan B. Anderson would finish the skein but off I went and surprise surprise the mittens only used 0.07 of a skein (7g).

 I am know sick of the sight of this yarn and want it gone. With 0.28 of a skein (28g) left I can't decided weather to do baby socks or 4 more pairs of mittens either way it has to go.

I have been knitting for almost 33years and in all that time I have never know a skein of yarn go so far. Living on benefits I try to make my money stretch as far as possible. I knit because I get the fun of choosing the yarn, days of entertainment knitting the item and have a garment to ware or a gift to give at the end, Instead of going to the supermarket and buying the cheapest cloths and toys I can find.

This yarn has been amazing for keeping me entertained. I have lost count of the hours spent on Ravelry looking for patterns, trying to use the last little bit. At £4.05 a skein I have defiantly got my moneys worth out of this yarn and will be buying more in the future.

I hope you have as much fun with your crafts as I'm having with mine.

Happy Crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...