Pages

Thursday 2 January 2020

Clearing off the needles.

As I sort through my stash trying to find room for all my purchases I keep finding yarn that is perfect for one of the far to many patterns in my ravelry queue. I excitedly gather the yarn download the pattern and no needles. As with everything else I have to many PHD's. Before I can cast on any new projects I need to get some of the long forgotten projects off the needles.

First on the list for completion is my new beginning  socks by Laura Britton. I got the yarn and pattern in the Bellica Yarns mystery sock box January 2018, in my defence I hoarded the yarn in my stash until October last year. I can knit a pair of socks in 2 days, the only reason I can think of for these socks still being on the needles is that I started gift knitting or got distracted by a new project. Either way my feet are cold so I really need these socks finished.


So I tracked down the pattern, worked out where I was and knitted half the leg, the heel turn and half the foot. Then I tried them on. Youve guessed it my gauge has changed and now they are to small. So the sock is getting frogged and cast back on with a larger stitch count. I'm starting to wonder if these socks will ever get finished.

As I stare at the pile of frogged yarn I keep thinking I should move on to a different project except my gauge has changed and none of the socks, or garments in my mountain of PHD's are going to fit. I find socks so quick and easy that reknitting these socks will help me work out how my gauge has changed and what to do with my other projects.

Wish me luck as I fight with knitting needles, yarn, gauge rulers, calculators, and maths. this could take a while.

Hope your crafting is more successful then mine.

Happy Crafting.

Rachael


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...