Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Me Made Christmas Success

After 3 years of trying I finally managed to make a gift for everyone on my gift list. It took me all year and was worth every second. All gifts have been gratefully received which just leaves one question. What should I make for next year?

This Christmas I have made
  • 16 Cowls
  • 15 hats
  • 1 scarf
  • 5 shawls
  • 18 bars of soap
  • 2 pairs of socks
  • 9 pairs of shortie socks
  • 30 wash cloths
  • 1 cardigan 
  • 1 tea cozy
With big plans and an even bigger gift list its not surprising that my stash has grown at a terrifying rate.

In November I purchased 83 skeins of yarn containing 16,293.2 meters of yarn while I used 6,001.5
You'd think I would have more then enough yarn for all my Christmas knitting but oh no in December I brought more. To finish my Gift knitting I purchased 49 More skeins adding 12,293.2 extra meters of yarn to my stash with just 4,958.8 meters leaving the yarn mountain.

As the new year arrives my stash is out of control. I can not go on a yarn diet, if i tell myself not to buy yarn I will buy a metric tonne of yarn. Instead of banning myself from shopping I am challenging myself to use more then I buy on a meter for meter balance. Starting January 1st 2020 I will be keeping track of my progress in the stashdown 20 thread in the torc crafts ravelry group (Link to Ravelry group).

Wish me luck as I dive into my stash, and if I'm not back in a week send help.

Happy new year and Happy crafting.

Rachael




No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...