Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Post Christmas clearup

As the spring cleaning starts the first task is to tidy the craft supplies. Everything I own seems to get pulled out during the Christmas makeathon, unfortunately very little gets put away. I decided to start with the mountain of yarn that has snuck into my house and multyplyed. As I put the yarn away I am making sure it has been listed in my Ravelry stash and was shocked to discover how little I had listed.

I find the Ravelry stash is an amazing feature. When you look at patterns on Ravelry it has a link that says yarn ideas. As I update my stash and look through my pattern queue I was surprised to see how many patterns I already have yarn for. Maybe I will be able to shrink my stash after all.

My favourite find of the clean up so far is the 26 skeins of Drops karisma to knit the Silver dream Cardigan by Drops. I brought the yarn back in March and wanted to make the full set of hat, gloves, cowl, and cardigan but had never knitted colourwork before so I brought the Oh deer cowl kit from Deramores to practice on. I started knitting the cowl in May and haven't finished yet so thats the housework over. I have a colourwork Cowl to knit.

Knitting is the same as tidying up the yarn.

Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...