Pages

Saturday 27 October 2018

Finally Finished.

In December 2016 I brought a yarn advent calendar from Stardust Homemade crafts (shop here.) and decided to start a cozy memory blanket. Almost 2 years later I have Finally finished adding the 25 mini skeins into the blanket, just in time for this years advent calendar to arrive. As i was starting a new blanket I choose to put the squares in a row, i didn't think about the size of the square which has made the blanket a lot wider then one person needs, but that's what you get for not planning and measuring.
As the weather cools and podcasters pick up there cozy memory blankets i noticed the difference in square size. As I watch the collection of blankets I wonder, What size are the squares? What size are the needles? How many stitches? Which gave me an idea. Why not put all the information in one place? So that is my newest project. Whenever I have a few minutes and don't know what to craft I will grab some needles and yarn and start putting together a table of yarn weights, needle size, stitch count, gauge and finished square size.
I love knitting blankets in squares, so each square can be a different colour and/or pattern, unfortunately I hate sewing the squares together. The cozy memory square are join as you go making life so much easier.

Now to finish the strawberry fields yarn mini skein club I purchased November 2016 till march 2017 for the second row of my cozy memory blanket and only managed to knit 15 of the 25 squares.

I can't wait to wrap up in my finished blanket, and start work on one for my mum as she's been dropping the worlds most subtle hints “Isn't that pretty, I love the colours, and it looks so warm, Its nicer then my Blanket.”

What not so subtle hints do you get for hand crafted items?

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...