Pages

Monday 29 October 2018

30 makes in 30 days


As i look towards November I am looking for projects that can be used as gifts. As I looked through Pinterest for inspiration I remembered a craft challenge from years ago called 30 makes in 30 days.

There are three ways to approach this challenge, 1: Churn out quick and easy projects as fast as humanly possible, 2: Take the opportunity to finish existing projects or, 3: A mix of old and new projects.

I plan on using option 3. I have so many projects on the go there is bound to be 30 projects close to finishing or at least i can dust off and make some progress on some forgotten projects. I am hoping to finishes some tissue pack covers I started two years ago and perfect my chunky bandanna cowl recipe.

Another idea I have been working on for a few years is mini stocking Christmas tree decorations with a fun size chocolate bar inside.

An accidental make I churned out a few months ago was a pencil case. I was trying to make a project bag and got the dimensions wrong. I cut down the fabric and decided it looked about pencil case size. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the measurements so I need to measure the finished pencil case before I can remake and improve my pattern.

My last Idea is wash sets. A will put together a hand knit wash cloth, home-made soap, and a home-made bath fizzer. I will wrap them in a home made wash bag if I can find the time and fabric.

I also have 1 shawl, 10 scarves, 2 hats, 3 cowls, 3 pairs of gloves, and a few more pairs of socks to make for the ever growing list of people I knit socks for each Christmas.
 
Keep an eye out for my list of fast and funky challenge patterns and let me know your favourites. 
 
Handmade Christmas 2018 is on, What are you making this year?

Happy crafting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...