Pages

Friday 28 February 2020

Catching up

As the winter cold passes its time for a mental heath crafty catchup. When I'm ill the first thing to go is my crafting and my mental health suffers as a result. Now I'm feeling better it's back to the craft starting with my nieces jumper.

I had almost finished her jumper when she had a growth spurt leaving me unsure whether to add length or reknit in the next size up. I finally decided to add length and finished the jumper.  She loves it. Then I moved on to the second of my Christmas knits.

Christmas 2019 I gave my Mum a Party On My Needles Shawl by Joji Locatelli. I knitted the shawl out of Drops Fabel and finished faster then the last one, Putting Party on my needles top of the gift knit list.

Then I remembered it's mums birthday and decided to knit her the jumper she has wanted for 18 months. With less then 2 weeks before my mums birthday knitting a jumper in a different gauge to the pattern should be no problem, If you do the maths. I didn't do the maths and the jumper was a total of 10 inches bigger then I needed, 14 inches bigger hen the pattern sizing. So I did the maths, Right. Wrong I guessed a different size and tried again. This time the jumper was a infuriating 2 inches to small, so near and yet so far.

So with just 7 days left until my Mum's Birthday it's 3rd time lucky. Heres hoping that I've got it right this time.

Remember when knitting garments always check your gauge and if it doesn't match the pattern either do the maths or try again.

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...