Pages

Thursday 16 May 2019

Craft Book Bargains

This week I got an amazing bargain on a haul of craft books. While i was binge watching back episodes of Stranded Podcast (find the podcast here) Amy showed a knitting book a friend had brought her from The Works (Shop online here). I remembered some bargains I had found there in the past and decided to see what they have available this week.

When I found the knitting books I was thrilled to see dozens of knitting books with huge reductions in price. There was so many books I wanted to buy, Unfortunately my budget won't stretch to all the books so I decided to start with the cheapest. The website has free delivery on orders over £20 and I can't believe how many books I had to order to get the free delivery. I got 9 knitting books, 1 sewing book and an owl cross stitch for a budget friendly £23.50.

I am so happy with my purchases. Every book contains multiple project I want to start, but I will have to wait till I have saved up and ordered the recommended yarn. The books I brought are
  1. Knitting vintage by Claire Montgomerie. Cover price £12.99 I paid £3.00
  2. Mollie Makes Knitting. Cover price £15.47 I paid £3.00
  3. Closely knit by Hannah Fettig. Cover price £17.82 I paid £2.00
  4. French girl knits accessories by Kirsteen Griffin-Grimes. Cover price £17.06 I paid £2.00
  5. Step it up knits by Vickie Howell. Cover price £14.99 I paid £2.00
  6. The knitted alphabet. How to knit letters from A to Z. By Kate Haxell and Sarah Hazell. Cover price £16.99 I paid £1.50
  7. How to use, adapt, and design knitting patterns. How to knit exactly what you want, everytime - with confidence! by Sam Elliot and Sidney Bryan. Cover price £17.06 I paid £2.00
  8. First frost. Cozy folk knitting by Lucinda Guy. Cover price £19.35 I paid £2.00
  9. Metropolitan knits. Chic designs for urban style by Melissa Wehrle. Cover price £17.80 I paid £2
  10. Sock it to me. Creepy, crazy and strangely appealing by Brenna Maloney. Cover price £13.92 I paid £2.00
A saving of £141.95 on books. Without the price reductions I would only of been able to buy 1 or 2 books. I hope the price reductions encourage people who don't have any crafty hobbies to try a craft.

Hope you find some bargains on your next outing.

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...