Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Socks Away

I am an Addict. Over the last few weeks I have reached for sock knitting every time I sit down. I love the speed, simplicity, endless possibilities and speed of socks. They are a fantastic way to test stitch patterns to use in other items. 

As I follow the patterns I get in my mystery sock box I always find myself imagining new designs to try. 

I have a notepad full of scribbles waiting to be turned into socks, scarves, shawls and cardigans with yarn and needles all over the house waiting to be knitted into something amazing. so where do I store all the projects I am desperate to cast on. I need project bags so its time to dust off my sewing machine and start the search for a size, shape, and style that works for me.

It would be so much quicker and easier to buy project bags from one of the amazing makers who sell project bags they have spent years perfecting the design of, however I don't know what to look for. I have spent 30 years storing my craft projects in plastic bags  which makes writing a list of what to look for in a project bag impossible.

As spring adds colour to the garden the house is full of crafty chaos.

Let the crafting commence. Enjoy your craft time don't waste it on a project that dosn't make your heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...