Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Creativty overload.



As a late Christmas gift, I  treated myself to a dressmakers mannequin, some patterns and a stitch dictionary.  I can not stop going through the patterns and stitch dictionary. The inspiration that  I have found has astounded me, as a result, I have been hit with a server case of startitus. I spent January finishing long forgotten PHD's and have now started 10 design projects within 3 days. I love switching from project to project watching as the ideas become reality, unfortunately, I am not as good at finishing the project or keeping track of what I am doing.

I have been designing patterns that will become Christmas gifts for friends and family. As soon as I have washed and blocked them I am planning to wrap them with a written handmade Christmas card and store them organised into groups by delivery location. This year I will not spend Christmas morning wrapping presents. 

Between the knitting designs, I am also working my way through Gertie Sews Vintage Casual: A Modern Guide to Sportswear Styles of the 1940s and 1950s (Gertie's Sewing). I love every pattern in this book and have spent many happy hours looking for the perfect fabric and imagining the outfits I will crate. I can't wait to take part in me made may. 

Watch this space for a stream of new knitting and possibly a few sewing patterns, assuming I ever get them finished and written up. Right now I will settle for finishing more projects thenI start. 



Mark 9:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April #30daychallenge Results.

As with the worlds health situation, April had a rocky start in my crafty life. With no desire to craft for the first 3 weeks my #30daychall...